Monday, May 9, 2011

Disney Pop Up Card

I am so excited about the concept of this card. Yes, in the grand scheme of things, it is pretty simple. However, I see this as practice of what to come and a start of a new idea. Recently, I hosted a family email contest of Disney Trivia. The winning family, my sister and her group, won. Their prize is a custom disney card. Yes, it did turn out more simply than I wanted, but I'm new to cardmaking and I think its ok to come up with an idea and re-make it and tweak it as I go along. I also know that I have a short attention span sometimes too...Maybe next time I will make the platform look more like a drawbridge with some thin ribbon supporting it and more details on the ground...

The castle is from PDDU, cut at 6 inches. I actually used a tag from ACY for the platform. The strips of paper used to create the pop-ups are from me and of course, Mickey and Minnie are from Mickey and Friends. I did something new this time with them: this is the first time I've ever used the gel pen for the white layers. I still cut the face layer and used stickles instead of piecing the other layers. They are only cut at 3 inches and some of those pieces are ridulosly small at larger cuts...I'm not thrilled with how it turned out, but I'm not sad either. Its just ok. Its a little easier than paper piecing, but it also takes a long time to dry...

Here is a view of how it folds together. Having to items to pop-up was a little tricky for me, especially since I've never done anything pop up before. However, I figured it out and it works. The girls are at the front of the card with their picture facing up. Mickey and Minnie are closer to the crease of the card and lay face down.



Now you can see a side view:


Here is my stickled version of Mickey and Minnie:


The total card: The castle doors really do open with a special message that says "Aunt Katie loves you".


Thanks for looking;) This project has got me fueled for some really great ideas:)

No comments:

Post a Comment